Pages

03/11/2013

AUTUMN SOCKS


Firstly, apologies for leaving it so long to get round to posting. I promise to do another entry very soon about some of the natural dyeing fun that I got up to a while ago but for now let’s talk socks; specifically these Fair Isle babies that I finished over the summer for my mum’s birthday.





I adapted a pattern that I’d used for some socks that I had made for myself last year sometime. Luckily, mum and I share the same oversized feet (which means it’s all her fault that I struggle to buy shoes) so I didn’t have to worry about getting the length wrong and I could keep it a surprise. I made up the fair isle pattern as I went along, with inspiration from this book. I used Rowan’s Fine Tweed yarn. I completely love the colours, perfect for autumn.



Mum was very happy with them and didn’t seem to mind that they were about a month late!

Anna x


No comments:

Post a Comment