Pages

01/11/2013

ORANGE, WHITE CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND CAKE





Well it's that time of year again... Granny's birthday! I made a wee cake (yes Anna, it really worked!!!! It didn't flop in the middle, splurge over the sides, be too greasy...).  It was a fairly complex recipe but I took plenty of time and it tasted great! Light and not sickly sweet.  I found the recipe from the BBC Good Food website.  However, due to the fact of only have one 20cm cake tin, this cake took up most of my day and created a lot of mess- but it was well worth it!


Ingredients 

175g butter softened plus extra for greasing
175g caster sugar
finely grated zest 4 oranges and juice of one
4 eggs
100g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
100g flaked almonds

Icing

200g white choc
200ml creme fraiche
100g white choc to decorate

Method can be found here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5524/orange-and-white-chocolate-sponge

Emma!


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you're a professional now!!! I want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete